Blood Drive (9am-1pm, Corporate Headquarters Parking Lot – Front)
Join the fight to save a life! First Financial will be holding a Blood Drive with the Central Jersey Blood Center on Saturday, August 4th from 9am-1pm in the parking lot of our Corporate Headquarters in Freehold/Howell.
Requirements for donating blood:
- Donors must present photo or signature ID.
- Donors must drink water and eat a full meal before donating.
- Donors must be healthy and weigh at least 120 lbs.
- Donors must be 16 years of age (with parental consent) or older.
For additional frequently asked questions about donating blood, medical conditions & medications which may effect blood donation, and reasons you could be turned away from donating blood – click here.
Advanced registration for blood donations is preferred. If you would like to register to donate, please email email@example.com or call 732.312.1500.When you pre-register, you will receive an email confirmation and a text message reminder prior to the Blood Drive. If you’d like to donate blood, but can’t make it on 8/4 – you can visit any Central Jersey Blood Center and use sponsor code #047729. To learn more about how to provide a sponsor code, click here.
Please consider joining the fight to save a life in our local Monmouth and Ocean County Community!
- Just 1 pint of donated blood can help save as many as 3 people’s lives.
- More than 4 million Americans would die each year without lifesaving blood transfusions.
- Every 3 seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- Less than 5% of the population donates blood, yet up to 80% will need blood one day.
- 1 out of every 10 people entering the hospital needs blood.
- Your blood donation could help a heart surgery patient with red blood cells and platelets, a car accident victim, or a severe burn victim.
Shred Event (9am-12pm, Corporate Headquarters Parking Lot – Rear)
Also on August 4th in our Corporate Headquarters parking lot in Freehold/Howell, we will be holding a free shred event that is open to the public. Planet Shred will be on site for the shred event.
WHAT CAN BE SHREDDED:
- Mixed office paper
- Papers with staples or paperclips
- Papers with small binder clips or rubber bands
WHAT CANNOT BE SHREDDED:
- Magazines and newspapers
- Hardcover books and 3-ring binders
- X-rays and MRIs
- Wet, damp or mildewed paper
*There is a limit of 5 boxes/bags per person. 100% of the material will be recycled. Shred Event is open to the public. If the shred truck reaches 9,500 lbs. of paper before 12pm, the shredding portion of the event may end earlier.
Ocean Health Initiatives (OHI) will also be on site doing free health screenings! Be sure to get your blood pressure checked and glucose screened during the event.
We hope to see you on Saturday, August 4th! If you have any questions about either event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732.312.1500.