Jack Gottlieb, President of the Total Solutions Group, Inc., recently held an interactive and inspirational business seminar to help attendees put their business ideas on paper and start thinking about the long-term goals they have not only for their businesses, but for themselves. Jack explained that there is more to planning a business than just your business proposal, and it starts with you — what you want to accomplish as an entrepreneur and how you can stand out from other business owners.
Check out some of the important information that was covered during part one of this series:
- One of the first questions you should ask yourself is – “What is your business reallyabout?” If you don’t know, think about it then write it down – you will constantly refer back to this.
The core of a business: purpose and value, what need is being resolved and what value is your business offering?
Your ultimate goal: Getting your business to work for you and not you working for your business.
- Establish the product(s) that you want to offer and what will it do. Figure out what your key products are.
- Establish the service you want to provide — how you support it and ensure it.
- Establish the type of experience you want for your customers — how you deliver it and how they use it. Everything is an experience. Build your community around your business.
- Establish your community – the connection, pride and referrability is imperative to your business. In the long run, you want to have your company grow, impact people and expand.
- Create a real passion – see it, feel it and live it.
- If you’re spending money that isn’t helping your business grow, you must re-evaluate your spending patterns.
- The 3 cornerstones of having a successful business are: want vs. need, value you offer and making a profit.
- Jack recommended this book for all entrepreneurs: “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki.
- Another question to ask yourself: How does your business attract money, and how are you spending the money coming in?
- An effective business plan: The way you think, should be the same way you plan, build, and communicate your business.
- For inspiration, research successful companies such as Disney, Microsoft and Apple and see how they got started.
Click on the image below to see a highlight video from this seminar!
Don’t miss out on part-two of this “Building Your Business Dreams” seminar series! “Business Financial Planning and Budgeting” will be held this Thursday, February 13th from 8:30am-10:30am at our Wall Office located at 1800 Route 34 North, Building 3 Suite 302. Time is running out – register here!
Jack Gottlieb is the President of The Total Solutions Group, Inc. a strategic consulting, training and coaching firm committed to driving a sustainable increase to an organization’s results, value proposition and culture. Jack brings 14 years of proven high level success along with the collective capability of his team and advisory board. Jack has also been one of the highest ranked speakers at various state wide SHRM (Society of Human Resource Managers) Annual Conferences as well as the New Jersey Organizational Development Annual Conferences for the past 7 years. Jack also serves on the Executive Board Collegiate Empowerment which is an educational firm committed to driving systemic change and impact for Colleges and Universities. Jack also is actively involved with two universities. The first is Kutztown University where he is one of the key leaders of the College of Business Advisory Board to support their efforts in further development and expansion. The second is with Rider University with their Center for the Development of Leadership Skills.