What is really your best deal? Undoubtedly you’ve heard about “zero percent financing” offers that many auto dealers like to promote. Although they seem to be incredible deals, and are certainly tempting, you should read the fine print and know the facts before you head to your local dealer.
To help you decide if zero percent (or a low “teaser” rate) is the best deal for you, here are a few facts and restrictions you may encounter:
- Almost perfect credit may be needed in order to qualify for these offers.
- You may be required to give up a manufacturer’s rebate.
- It could mean shorter terms and larger monthly payments.
- It is usually offered on a limited number of models.
- You may be limited to dealer stock and not be able to choose the exact vehicle you are interested in.
Research, research, research! By using our free available research tool AutoSMART, you will be better equipped when you finally make that trip to the dealership. You may find that giving up that zero percent financing for a manufacturer’s rebate will save you more money.
And finally…Read any contract carefully before signing it. Ask questions about anything you do not understand and don’t feel pressured into making a decision right then and there.