It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Enjoy this special time of year by attending one of the events below – either outdoors, virtually, or in your car. Happy Holidays from all of us at First Financial, and wishing you a prosperous 2021!
Monmouth & Ocean’s Best Holiday Lights Displays
- Six Flags Holiday in the Park (Jackson) – You won’t want to miss this beautiful winter wonderland! On weeknights, drive through the park and see the holiday lights. On weekends, the park features festivities, food, firepits, hot cocoa, and light shows. Holiday in the Park runs through January 3, 2021. Find out more and purchase tickets online here.
- Magic of Lights (Holmdel) – Ride through PNC Bank Arts Center’s gorgeous 2.5 mile holiday light display from dusk to 10pm Sunday – Thursday, and until 11pm on Friday and Saturday nights. Standard vehicles are $25 each to drive through the display. Learn more and purchase tickets online here.
- Sisti Family Christmas Lights (Spring Lake) – Each year, this family turns their front yard into a holiday wonderland of lights. Ride by 322 Pitney Avenue in Spring Lake, you won’t want to miss it! Find out more.
- Gress House Holiday Light Spectacular (Union Beach) – Each year, this home gets involved with Decorations for Donations and donates to the Children’s Miracle Network. You won’t want to miss the massive display of lights, inflatables, sounds of the season and more at 14 Johnson Avenue in Union Beach. Get more information.
- Ferone Family Christmas Light Spectacular (Toms River) – The goal of this gorgeous light display is to raise money to the Children’s Hospital of Toms River. It can be seen from 5-9:30pm Monday to Thursday and 5-11pm on Friday & Saturday at 184 Yellowbank Road, Toms River through December 26th. Tuesday nights are Disney nights. You definitely won’t want to miss it! Find out the details here.
All December until the 24th: Red Bank Elf Scavenger Hunt. Look for the Red Bank Elf in the windows and in the stores, restaurants, and businesses and enter to win from November 27 to December 24th. Stroll the charming downtown and arts and antiques district to view more than three dozen places where the Red Bank Elf has been spotted. Keep track of the locations by logging information into the official Scavenger Hunt form. Find out more and download the form here.
Saturdays & Sundays in December: Victorian Holiday Tea at the Mathis House (Toms River) at 11am and 3pm. Enjoy a full Victorian Holiday Tea at the Mathis House located in Downtown Toms River. Live music and tours of the historic mansion are available. The afternoon tea includes soup, salad, scones, a variety of tea sandwiches and a plate of desserts with a pot of holiday tea. The cost is $39 per person by reservation only by calling 732-818-7580. For more information, please visit www.mathishouse600main.com
December 13 & 20:
Christmas at Allaire from 11am-4pm (Wall). Warm up on the open hearth, help make holiday treats, listen to the musicians, there will be storytelling, a Gingerbread House Contest, and much more. Also keep your eyes out for Santa, a great photo opportunity! All the village buildings will be spectacularly decorated for the Season. Historic sleds and various outdoor Christmas trees will be on display too. Tickets must be purchased in advance online. Learn more and buy your tickets here.
Shrewsbury Historical Society Wedding Dress Displays from 1-4pm. Don’t miss this historical wedding dress display! Contributions are appreciated. The display is at the Shrewsbury Municipal Center, 419 Sycamore Avenue. Learn more here.
December 18: There’s No Place Like Home for the Holidays (Virtual Event) at 8pm. Let the comedy elves from The Second City deliver the virtual holly jollies to wherever you are in this fast, festive, funny improv show that brings you into the action! This event will take place on Zoom. One virtual ticket per viewing device, and you can have as many people view per viewing device as you wish. Cost is $18.50 plus a $1.50 ticket fee. Available through the Grunin Center for the Arts at Ocean County College. Purchase tickets at https://www.grunincenter.org/
*All events are subject to changes or cancellations due to COVID-19. Please be sure to check online or call before you go!