It’s officially fall – and October is one of the best and most beautiful weather months in New Jersey. Get the family ready for an action-packed month filled with fun outdoor and socially distant fall and Halloween activities. Check out these free or inexpensive events happening in a town near you!
Monmouth & Ocean’s Best Pumpkin Picking and Fall Outdoor Activity Spots!
- Casola Farms (Holmdel) – Open 7 days a week from 8am to 7pm for hayrides, pumpkin picking, farm animals, a Halloween shop, fall plants/décor, wild west show, bakery and food! There is also a corn maze available every Saturday through 10/31. For the adults 21+, every weekend there is a wine tasting from 10am-6pm at Fox Hollow Vineyards.
- Argos Farm (Forked River) – The farm has plenty of fall country fun activities such as a hay mountain, cow train, double hay slide, pedal carts, tractor rides, corn maze, pig races, farm market, pumpkin picking, and more. The pre-purchasing of tickets for activities online is recommended. Hours are Monday-Friday from 1-6pm, and 10am to 6pm on weekends.
- Battleview Orchards (Freehold) – Open everyday from 9am-6pm except closed Tuesdays. Pick your own apples and pumpkins, stop by the country store for pies, apple cider donuts and fresh apple cider!
- Bullock Farms (Cream Ridge) – Open Friday through Sunday from 10am to 5pm. Take a 25 minute hayride, pick some pumpkins, explore the corn maze, check out some farm animals, and kids get their very own kids maze and fall play/activity area.
- Eastmont Orchards (Colts Neck) – Open Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm and weekends from 9am to 6pm. There are 9 different types of apples to pick currently in season! You can also pick your own pumpkins.
- Emery’s Farm (New Egypt) – Open daily from 9am-6pm for pumpkin picking, hayrides, corn mazes and more. Famous pies are fresh baked daily, as well as jellies, preserves, and spreads are available for purchase.
- Hallock’s U-Pick Farm (New Egypt) – Stop by the farm market, and pick some pumpkins (as well as other vegetables). Open weekdays from 7am-7pm and weekends from 7am-5pm.
- Happy Day Farm (Manalapan) – Don’t miss the Farm Festival and Pumpkin Picking Event at Happy Day Farm through 10/25! Hours are Friday through Sunday from 10am-5pm. Over 30 different activities are available for the whole family – including a corn maze, pumpkin bowling, and giant Jenga. There is also a concession stand available to purchase refreshments. Visitors are required to purchase tickets online in advance.
- Wemrock Orchards (Freehold) – Pumpkin picking is available on weekends from 10am-5pm, as well as a 15 minute hayride, 5 acre corn maze, munchkin fun patch, bakery full of fall treats and Jersey fresh produce.
All October: Sunflower Festival at Holland Ridge Farms (Cream Ridge) from 9am-6pm. Tickets must be purchased in advance online for your selected date. Wander through towering rows of sunflowers to pick and bring home! Prices vary depending upon your selected day of the week. Click here for more information and to purchase admission tickets online. *No refunds, purchased tickets are for your chosen date and will be available rain or shine.
October 9-12: Pier Village Fall Sidewalk Sale from 11am to 8pm (Long Branch). You won’t want to miss a Columbus Day Weekend filled with outdoor shopping! There’s sure to be incredible deals and fabulous finds. Learn more here.
October 10: Allaire Village Fall Flea Market from 8am to 2pm (Wall). Hunt for bargains among vintage treasures, books, artwork, handmade items, crafts, and more. Admission is $3 per person. The general store, bakery and gourmet food truck will also be open. Find out more here.
October 17 & 18: Allaire Music Jamboree from 11am to 4pm (Wall). Join in the fun at Allaire Village’s fall music jamboree! Local NJ bands will perform bluegrass and folk music outside. There will be multiple stages and sessions throughout the weekend. Artist tables will also be available. Food and beverages will be available for purchase at the Allaire Bakery and Food Trucks. Pre-purchased tickets are required. Adults are $8 each and kids ages 4-12 are $4 each. Learn more here.
October 24: Hocus Pocus Outdoor Movie at 6pm (Barnegat). Bring in the Halloween season with a classic family outdoor movie at the Elizabeth Edwards School Football Field (North Main St, Barnegat Township). Free admission, and don’t forget a blanket and chairs! Call 609-698-0080 ext. 12 for details.
October 24 & 25: Long Branch Fall Bazaar from 2-7pm. Shop small and celebrate fall! Don’t miss artisan vendors, craft beer, a costume contest, food, Halloween goodie bags, fall selfie stations, live DJs, and fun – outdoors both days at the Whitechapel Projects. Get more information here.
October 29: Witches Night Out from 5:30-9pm (Allentown). Join in this wicked fun night with a Halloween scavenger hunt, tarot card readers, palm readers, a witches hat contest, refreshments and more! Tickets can be purchased at Bruno’s One Sweet Ride. Details are available here.
October 31: Halloween at Allaire Village from 11am to 4pm (Wall). Come and experience a family friendly Halloween with spooky storytelling, a children’s costume parade, scavenger hunt, fortune telling, kids’ activities, historic demonstrations, and tours of Allaire’s historic homes. Adults are $8.95 each and kids 4-12 are $4.95 each. Buy tickets online here.