We can finally enjoy the Spring sun and warming weather! Don’t forget to take advantage of our local parks and enjoy a bike ride, a hike, or even a have a family picnic this month. It’s a free, fun and a great way to stay active and get some fresh air at the same time. And, Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 12th so don’t forget to appreciate Mom! Check out some more free or inexpensive activities below that you can enjoy this month with your family and friends.
- Spring Fling Arts and Crafts Festival at the Ocean Grove Great Auditorium from 10am-4pm. This event is rain or shine and takes place on Main Avenue, Pilgrim Pathway, and Auditorium Park. Over 200 artists and crafters will be there as well as food vendors and live music. This is a fun family friendly day that you won’t want to miss! Learn more at oceangrovenj.com
- Drive In Movie at Barnegat Public Dock at 8:30pm. Don’t miss an old fashioned drive in movie at the Barnegat Dock on East Bay Avenue. The event is free to attend. Learn more at http://barnegat.net/
- Belmar Kite Festival from 11am-4pm between the 3rd and 4th Avenue beach and boardwalk. See more details at http://www.belmarbusinesspartnership.com/
- Red Bank’s 9th Annual International Beer, Wine and Food Festival from 12-6pm at White Street Parking Lot between Maple Avenue and Broad Street. This grand festival is a great time for one and all and features international food from Red Bank area restaurants, a large selection of beer & wine, live entertainment on two stages, kids area and family fun, plus unique crafters & vendors. Admission is $5 per person, kids 10 and under are free. Get the scoop by clicking here.
May 11 and 12: Asbury Park’s Spring Bazaar from 12-5pm at Convention Hall. Celebrate Mother’s Day weekend at the Asbury Park Spring Bazaar. The event will feature a shopping extravaganza with handcraft & vintage vendors, flowers, a photo booth, beauty styling, live music, DIY workshops, and Mother’s Day Brunch. Learn more here.
May 12: Mother’s Day at Casino Pier (Seaside Heights) at 12pm-6pm. Spoil Mom by bringing her to Casino Pier and Breakwater Beach – Moms will receive a free ride wristband with a paying child under age 16. See more details at https://casinopiernj.com/event/mothers-day-promotion-2/
May 17-19: Annual Belmar Seafood Festival at Pyanoe Plaza. Friday night runs from 4-8pm, Saturday from 11am-8pm and Sunday from 11am-6pm. Don’t miss the 33rd seafood festival featuring delicious sea fare, kids activities, crafters, and outdoor live music. Learn more at www.visitbelmarnj.com
- Craft Market, Festival and Spring Auction at Allaire Village (Wall) from 10am-4pm. You’ll see over 50 crafters, Allaire artisans, flowers, historic demonstrations and more! Plus a real 19th century auction in front of the General Store. Advanced tickets are $5 per adult, $3 for children ages 2-12, and kids under 2 are free. Buy tickets online here.
- Downtown Toms River Chili and Salsa Cookoff from 11am-5pm on Washington Street between Hooper Avenue and Main Street. Free admission and free parking! Join the 30th Annual Chili & Salsa Cookoff. Come taste the best chili from local restaurants and chefs and vote for your favorite! There will be food trucks offering everything from hamburgers and hot dogs to gyros, tacos and more. Toms River Fire Co. #1 will have a beer & wine garden. Live entertainment, merchandise vendors, and kids’ rides. Learn more at http://www.downtowntomsriver.com/
May 23-28: Asbury Park Summer Kickoff Carnival at Ocean and 5th Avenues. The Asbury Park Carnival will be filled with rides for all ages, various attractions & delicious fair food. Join the fun at Bradley Park! The carnival begins on 5/23 from 5-10pm. Learn more and get tickets online here.
- Bradley Beach Memorial Day Fest from 11am-8pm on Ocean Avenue. A Memorial Day Parade will take place at 10am on 5/25. There will be 6 bands and a DJ, over 180 craft vendors, 25 food vendors, kids’ activities (water slide, rides, face painting, sand art), and oceanfront fun. Get more information here.
- Jersey Shore Food Truck Festival at Monmouth Park Racetrack (Oceanport) from 11:30am-6:30pm. It’s time to kick off the summer season at Monmouth Park! There will be over 40 mouth watering food trucks, live music, family fun activities like face painting and pony rides, and a bounce house. The first horse race begins at 12:50pm on 5/25. Admission is $5 with kids 12 and under free, and $5 for parking. See the food truck line up and learn more here.
- Freehold Memorial Day Parade on Main Street in Downtown Freehold from 10am-2:30pm. Don’t miss one of the largest consecutively running parades in NJ! The parade steps off from the corner of Brinkerhoff Avenue and Main Street at 10am. The parade features more than 70 military units, veterans groups, bands, fire departments, EMS squads, youth groups, custom designed floats and civilian units. Learn more at http://www.freeholdmemorialdayparade.com/
- Middletown Memorial Day Parade begins at 10am from Bayshore Middle School. The route is as follows: Leonardvile Road to Appleton Avenue to Center Avenue to Brevent Avenue, turn right onto Highland Avenue, then left on Leonard Avenue and right on Viola Avenue to the American Legion Post on Route 36. The parade ends at approximately 11:30am. Learn more here.
- Manchester Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony at 10am at Manchester Township Recreation on Lake Road. The parade will feature a remembrance of all the veterans who have made the ultimate sacrifice. The township is asking children to adorn their bicycles with patriotic décor and take part in the parade. Free to attend. Learn more at http://www.manchestertwp.com/