Visa recently introduced a mandatory rule that went into effect this fall. As a First Financial Visa Credit or Debit Cardholder, the Visa Account Updater (VAU) will benefit you moving forward.
What is the Visa Account Updater (VAU) rule?
- If your Visa card number changes or expires, your recurring transactions with participating merchants may not be interrupted. Visa would receive notification of your new card number and automatically update any recurring payments on your behalf.
- Moving forward, this update will offer a seamless account transition process and facilitate uninterrupted service.
What services or merchants will the rule affect?
- Any automatic bill payment, subscription service, online merchant, and customer travel or entertainment program, with participating merchants, that is recurring on your Visa Debit or Credit Card.
- Merchants need to sign up for this service in order for your card information to automatically update for your recurring payment service. Merchants for your recurring payments may not be enrolled in this update.
- CONTACT MERCHANTS DIRECTLY TO SEE IF THEY ARE A PARTICIPANT OF VAU.
Contact First Financial at 732-312-1500 with any additional questions about your Visa Card.