Spring Driving Tips
- Inspect your tires, if needed buy new tires.
- Get your oil checked.
- Steer around the potholes.
- Slow down and increase your following distance during spring showers. Watch for pedestrians who cannot see or hear as well in the rain.
- Use low beam headlights in foggy conditions. High beams reflect from raindrops and fog, actually making it harder to see.
- Avoid large puddles of water which are as dangerous as patches of ice. Your car can hydroplane on the surface. Splashing water also affects your brakes and makes it difficult for other drivers to see.
- Keep your tires inflated to the correct pressure for safer handling, longer tire life and up to 3% better gas mileage.
- Also, have a pro check your car air conditioner. It’s going to get hot quickly!
Click here to view the article source.