1. Lock up your social security card!
2. Don’t share your Social Security Number (SSN) unnecessarily.
3. Invest in a good cross-cut shredder and USE IT!
4. Consider investing in a locked mailbox.
5. Take the time to place passwords on all your accounts and change the old ones.
6. Limit the amount of personal information you share online.
7. Be a savvy online shopper!
8. Monitor any and all account statements carefully.
9. Guard all checks and deposit slips as you would your precious jewelry.
10. Invest in an identity protection product.
For the full article with these tips in detail, visit the post.
If you believe you have been a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Trade Commission.
We urge you to constantly be on the lookout for identity thieves and to always protect your personal and account information. Do not hesitate to call our Member Service Center at 866.750.0100 or stop into one of our branches.