Win a chance to make your summer dreams a reality.
Pay at least 3 bills using First Financial’s Online Banking this July and August, and you’ll automatically be entered for a chance to win up to $10,000! Every bill you pay after that is another entry (up to 30 entries)! Want more? Activate an eBill account for an additional entry, up to thirty entries.
With Online Bill Pay you get:
- Security – protection against unauthorized transactions
- Reliability – guaranteed on-time payment
- Flexibility – pay anyone, anywhere, on your schedule
- Visibility – view and track your payment history
- Tranquility – have less stress and more time to relax
Enjoy sweet dreams this summer with First Financial’s online bill pay service. Log in to Online Banking and start paying your bills today. To sign up for First Financial’s Online Bill Pay, you must first be enrolled in online banking. For those already enrolled in Online Banking, you can sign up for Bill Pay securely using the Bill Payment tab or by calling 866.750.0100. For more information about First Financial’s Online Banking and Bill Pay, click here.
*If you have previously logged into Online Banking within the past 6 months – you DO NOT need to fill out a new enrollment form. To enroll in Online Banking or if you haven’t logged in within the past 6 months, please login to Online Banking as a first time user (FIRSTFFCU.COM) with your member number as your User ID, check the box that you are a first time user, and follow the prompts. If you have any questions about logging in, please call our 24/7 toll free support line at 855.299.4411.
*NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR BANKING RELATIONSHIP NECESSARY. Sweepstakes ends 8/31/13. Open to legal US residents residing in any of the 50 United States or DC, who are 18 years of age or older and have a unique, personal and valid social security number at the time of entry. Business entities are not eligible to participate. Subject to full official rules available at www.advisorsplus.com/campaigns/rules. Void in Puerto Rico, US territories and possessions, outside of the US and where restricted or prohibited by law.
Mozilla announced recently that upcoming versions of their Firefox web browser will be changed to block third party cookies. This will be the default action when you upgrade to the latest versions. This move is similar to the default action of the Safari browser to also block third party cookies. While Firefox has always had the ability to block third party cookies, this change will become a default setting in Firefox 22.
Many electronic financial services sites like First Financial’s online bill pay, require the use of third party cookies to function properly. Please be aware that this change by Mozilla may impact your online banking and bill pay abilities to enroll in or to access First Financial’s sites if/when you upgrade your browser to Firefox 22. The new feature should not immediately interfere with your existing browsing, as you will need to clear your browser’s cookies first for it to take effect.
If access issues arise, you should first manually change your browser privacy settings to allow third party cookies or call us at 866-750-0100 if the problem persists.
Go “e” and save a tree – switch to e-Statements today! We are encouraging all First Financial members to discontinue receiving printed paper statements and make the switch to e-Statements. When you switch to e-Statements between March 25th and May 31st, all consumers (non-business accounts) will be automatically entered into a drawing to win an iPad Mini (on which the winner will be able to do all their Online Banking and view their e-Statements with ease).
There’s so much to love about e-Statements – including the Earth, so make the switch today!
*Entry period is March 25 – May 31, 2013. Offer available to First Financial consumer members who enroll in E-Statements through Online Banking by 5pm on 5/31/13. This offer excludes business members. Limit one iPad Mini entry per new E-Statement enrollee. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Only new E-Statement sign up’s will be eligible to win the grand prize – current E-Statement users prior to 3/25/13 are not eligible to win. A grand prize winner will be drawn at random from online enrollments and notified by the Marketing Department on or about 6/14/13.
It’s time to make the switch to E-Statements! We are encouraging all First Financial members to discontinue receiving printed paper statements and make the switch to E-Statements this spring.
E-Statements are encouraged in order to be environmentally conscious and they save the credit union thousands of dollars each year in printing unnecessary paper waste. E-Statements allow you to view your account balances and transactions from the month at any time and are more secure, resulting in added value to your First Financial membership and the reduction of identity theft exposure.
Fact: If every household utilized Online Banking and E-Statements, the money saved could send more than 17,000 high school graduates to a public university for a year. – WireandTwine.com
How can you go “e” and protect our planet just in time for Earth Day?
Sign up to receive E-Statements by:
- Logging into your First Financial Online Banking account and under the “Accounts” tab on the left side of the page, selecting “Statements” and then “Enroll in E-Statements.” Next you will need to review the Electronic Statement Consent and enter your email address in the box. Then click on the statement sample link and obtain a 4 digit PIN. Enter the PIN in the box and click “I agree.”
- Next, back at the Online Banking main page – under the Preferences tab click Statement Delivery. You must set-up for electronic statements by clicking on the button that pertains to each account number to receive electronic statements. Click on all related accounts, such as minor accounts if you would like to receive any minor E-Statements with your login. Enter the email address, and review the Statement Delivery Agreement. Check the “I agree to the terms of the agreement” box and click submit.
- Then back at the Online Banking page one last time – under the Accounts tab click on Statements again, and you can set-up email notification to receive an email when your E-Statement is available for viewing in Online Banking. Click on the email notification link and click the button next to “Yes, send me an email when new statements are available.” Enter your email address and click “save.” All notifications can only go to one email address.
If you don’t have First Financial Online Banking access yet, stop into any branch, give us a call at 866.750.0100, or visit our website at firstffcu.com to enroll. You can enroll on our homepage by clicking the “enroll in Online Banking” tab underneath the Online Banking login.
If you are the parent or guardian of a minor, you may choose to enroll the minor within Online Banking for their own E-Statements, or you can choose to link the minor’s account to your own and view their E-Statements. For those members who do not have a computer or Internet access, they can choose to visit their local branch each month and utilize our in-branch computer kiosks – or members can ask for one paper statement copy to be printed out within the branch during the current month’s statement period.
Fact: If all households paid bills online and received E-Statements – 18.5 million trees, 2.2 billion tons of carbon dioxide, and 1.7 billion lbs. of solid waste would be saved. – WireandTwine.com
There’s so much to love about E-Statements – including the Earth, so make the switch today!
Did you know you can now pay another person through First Financial’s Online Bill Pay service? With Popmoney, it’s easy! Plus, it’s fast and secure, and even allows you to interact socially with the recipient and pay them without having to deal with sending checks or cash.
How does it work?
Simply login to your First Financial Online Banking Account, and then proceed to login to your Bill Pay Account. If you do not have a First Financial Online Banking or Bill Pay Account, you will need to enroll before you can use Popmoney. Click here or call our Member Service Center at 866.750.0100 to enroll or if you have questions. *Please note that while Online Banking is free and you can enroll in Bill Pay separately, you must pay at least 3 bills per month using Bill Pay or a $6 per month fee applies.
Once you are a Bill Pay user and you are logged into Bill Pay – click on the Popmoney tab at the top right. You’ll see a section for Payment Information:
- You will select the First Financial account you’d like the payment to be deducted from first, and then either an email address or mobile phone number of the individual you are paying. You must enter either an email or mobile number, or this service will not work.
- Then enter your payment amount and send date.
- You can also make your payment a recurring one (say you want to pay monthly rent to your landlord on the 1st of every month), and one of the popular features of Popmoney – adding a note to your transaction. On a regular check you might be able to write “Happy Birthday!” in the memo portion, but Popmoney’s personalized note feature allows the recipient to read the note like a social media comment, and then respond back and thank the sender if he or she wanted to. The personalized notes allow the sender to choose a variety of categories for the purpose of the payment: allowance, entertainment, gifts, rent, travel, and so on. Or – if the category you’d like isn’t listed, the program allows you to customize by adding your own.
- Once you have entered all the payment details, you’ll be directed to another page to confirm and send your payment.
Easy enough, right?
How does the recipient know when they have a payment?
Now you know why you had to enter an email or mobile phone number – based on the method you entered, the recipient would receive either an email or text letting them know they have a payment from you (your first and last name are viewable by the recipient only – and your personal message if you left one), or vice versa if someone were sending you a payment.
If the recipient’s financial institution also offers the Popmoney service, they’ll be able to accept the payment upon logging into their Bill Pay and clicking on their Popmoney tab to direct the funds to their account. If not, the recipient can provide their account information at Popmoney.com and the funds will be sent to the account entered. If account information is not provided, the payment will be returned to the sender.
The sender cannot see the recipient’s account information, and vice versa – the service is completely secure. There are also several other frequently asked questions available within the Popmoney tab for further inquiries regarding the service.
Ready to get started? Login to your First Financial Bill Pay Account today, or contact us to enroll!
This past month we held our very first “How to Use Online Banking, Bill Pay and Mobile Banking” seminar to inform our members about the main features and benefits of Online Banking. The seminar included personal tutorials of how to navigate and utilize these banking services while teaching the various options and tools available to our members.
Below is some information about using First Financial’s Online Banking, Bill Pay and Mobile Banking services.
- It is accessible anywhere Internet access is available – 24/7 and it’s free!
- Go green and sign up for e-statements
- View account history and check your balances
- Apply for a loan and also make payments
- Set up e-mail and phone alerts
- Schedule future transfers and make quick online transfers between accounts
- Re-order checks
- Get information on products & services
- Check imaging
- Available 24/7 where you can set up your payees, schedule your payments and set up bill reminders
- Bill pay is free as long as 3 bills are paid through Bill Payment each month, otherwise a $6 monthly fee applies
- View payment history and account statements
- Tranfer funds between your accounts
- Available anytime, anywhere with any web-enabled mobile device, using either a smart phone or cell phone
- Access your balance and available credit lines
- Make transfers between accounts and view transaction history
- Receive security and balance alerts on your phone
- Monitor changes to your account at anytime
- Send secure messages to Member Services
Here are some frequently asked questions provided by our members that you may have yourself:
Q. How do I log into Online Banking if I forget my password?
A. Enter your User ID and then click on the “Forgot Password” box and click Log In. This will allow you to change your password by following the security prompts.
Q. Why am I locked out of Online Banking?
A. After (3) unsuccessful login attempts, the system automatically locks the account. The member cannot unlock themselves and must contact First Financial (866.750.0100) or the 24/7 member support line (866.820.2870) to have the account unlocked.
Q. What is a “Secure Access Code” and why do I need it?
A. A “Secure Access Code” is a six digit code that is requested by the user to be delivered to their secure point of contact when they forget their password or wish to change. A “Secure Access Code” is also required with their “First Time” log in and when they register their computer.
HINT: A “Secure Access Code” is only valid for 10 minutes. If it is not used during this time, it will expire and new one will need to be requested.
Q. I would like to change my User ID. How do I do this?
A. Log into Online Banking. Scroll to the bottom of the page and under the “Preferences” tab, click on the “Security” link and click on the “Login ID” tab. Enter your new login ID and submit your change.
Q. I have more than one account with the Credit Union, how do I link them together?
A. When logged into Online Banking you may click on the “Add/Remove Account Request” link which is located under the “Services” tab.
Q. Why didn’t my online transfer get processed?
A. The transaction was probably never approved and is sitting in “Draft Status.” When a transfer is done by using the “Funds Transfer” link under the “Transaction” heading, the member must “Approve” the transfer or it will not be processed.
Q. What if I need assistance with Bill Pay after hours?
A. For 24/7 toll free Bill Pay Assistance, call 866.837.8930.
Visit our previous blog post for our step-by-step Online Banking Demo for further instructions. If you have any other questions, feel free to call us at 866.750.0100 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.