*To be entered, leave a comment about how you budget yourself for holiday shopping on our Facebook page on or before 12/6/13 at 11:59pm. The winner will be randomly selected from the entries and notified by the Marketing Department on 12/9/13. Winner will be able to pick up their gift card in a First Financial branch or receive it via mail. No purchase necessary to enter or claim prize. You must be 18 years or old to enter. One entry per person.
Win a chance to make your summer dreams a reality.
Pay at least 3 bills using First Financial’s Online Banking this July and August, and you’ll automatically be entered for a chance to win up to $10,000! Every bill you pay after that is another entry (up to 30 entries)! Want more? Activate an eBill account for an additional entry, up to thirty entries.
With Online Bill Pay you get:
- Security - protection against unauthorized transactions
- Reliability - guaranteed on-time payment
- Flexibility - pay anyone, anywhere, on your schedule
- Visibility - view and track your payment history
- Tranquility - have less stress and more time to relax
Enjoy sweet dreams this summer with First Financial’s online bill pay service. Log in to Online Banking and start paying your bills today. To sign up for First Financial’s Online Bill Pay, you must first be enrolled in online banking. For those already enrolled in Online Banking, you can sign up for Bill Pay securely using the Bill Payment tab or by calling 866.750.0100. For more information about First Financial’s Online Banking and Bill Pay, click here.
*If you have previously logged into Online Banking within the past 6 months – you DO NOT need to fill out a new enrollment form. To enroll in Online Banking or if you haven’t logged in within the past 6 months, please login to Online Banking as a first time user (FIRSTFFCU.COM) with your member number as your User ID, check the box that you are a first time user, and follow the prompts. If you have any questions about logging in, please call our 24/7 toll free support line at 855.299.4411.
*NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR BANKING RELATIONSHIP NECESSARY. Sweepstakes ends 8/31/13. Open to legal US residents residing in any of the 50 United States or DC, who are 18 years of age or older and have a unique, personal and valid social security number at the time of entry. Business entities are not eligible to participate. Subject to full official rules available at www.advisorsplus.com/campaigns/rules. Void in Puerto Rico, US territories and possessions, outside of the US and where restricted or prohibited by law.
Are your children ready to let their imaginations soar this summer? If so, First Financial’s annual summer reading contest begins today! From now until August 30th, 2013 – all First Financial members up to age 18 are eligible to earn rewards when they read books.
- Earn $1 per book read, up to 10 books
- Earn one entry per book in our drawing to win a $100 Barnes and Noble gift card – number of entries unlimited!*
- *New for 2013 – all participants will be placed into an additional drawing on 8/30 to win the children’s books on display at each First Financial branch throughout the contest (1 child from each branch, 5 total).
The grand prize winner will be selected by 9/13/13 and will be featured in an upcoming fall 2013 e-Newsletter. Click here to view the contest terms and conditions.
Seize the summer and start reading!
*Credit Union membership and Savings Account is required to participate. Members up to age 18 are eligible to participate and must complete an entry form. Reader rewards must be deposited to a child’s First Financial Savings Account. Winning reader and 5 runners up will be drawn on or about 9/13/13 and will be contacted by the First Financial Marketing Department. **Forms will not be posted on the website or located in any First Financial branch before July 1, 2013.
In the recent months, our First Scoop Blog has undergone some enhancements (there is now a search bar to search for posts by title, date, topic, and keyword; along with new green word bubbles to leave comments, and more!).
In order to receive the latest financial news, education, and First Financial happenings straight to your inbox, we are asking you to subscribe to our First Scoop Blog and we are holding a blog subscriber contest starting June 12th and running through June 30th. Those of you who subscribe to our blog from now until 11:59pm on June 30th will be automatically entered into a drawing to win a $75 Fins! A Tropicali Grill Gift Card!*
You can subscribe by going to http://blog.firstffcu.com and simply entering your email address at the top right in the white box under “subscribe via email.”
We look forward to continue bringing you the latest financial scoop! Remember, your comments and feedback are always welcome.
*Entry period is June 12 – June 30, 2013. Offer available to new First Scoop Blog subscribers only, who subscribe by 11:59pm on 6/30/13. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Only new subscriber sign up’s will be eligible to win the contest prize – current blog subscribers prior to 6/12/13 are not eligible to win. A grand prize winner will be drawn at random from new blog subscribers and will be notified by the Marketing Department on or about 7/1/13.
We’d like to thank everyone who participated in our Mother’s Day Facebook Contest and posting the best financial advice their mother or grandmother ever gave them. Congratulations to our Facebook Contest winner, Susan Rubin, who earned a $50 Hand and Stone Massage Spa gift card for Mother’s Day. Here is what she shared:
“My mom taught me to embrace and live life to the fullest. Don’t skimp on your needs but you can live without all the ‘WANTS’.”
We received a number great financial tips and and we thought it would be nice to share them with everyone…
- “My Mom is wonderful woman! She has always encouraged me to save my money and pay my bills on time. My Mom deserves praise and recognition for her efforts to raise good children with morals and scruples. I love my Mom with all of my heart and I am proud to be her daughter! Happy Mother’s Day Mom!” – Jeanie P.
- “My mother told me to ‘always pay yourself first’. No matter how small a paycheck or how big the bills/debt, you need to put something away for that rainy day/emergency/retirement fund. You never know when you might need it!” – Michelle J.
- “My Mother many years ago believed that a woman should always have her own account when married besides the household accounts.” – Claire D.
- “My husband’s grandparents who were close to 100 when they passed away had a very simple way of life, Grandma always said to Grandpa even at 96 years old ‘You do not work you do not eat’.” – Yovone R.
- “My mom taught me at a young age that all your change adds up quickly.”- Kimberly P.
- “Mom taught me to live within my means — if you can’t afford it, don’t buy it.” – Susan H.
- “My mom told me that the best and easiest way to save was to get the money removed directly from your paycheck. After two paydays you won’t even miss it! She was right!” – Michelle W.
- “My mom taught me to explore new and different retirement options and savings plans to prepare for my future.” - Mike R.
- “A dollar spent is a dollar gone; it doesn’t just recycle itself and it’s not some bottomless pit.” – Tina P.
- “’When it comes down to it, the only person you can depend on… is yourself’ – helpful in regards to finances and life in general.” – Kori S.
- “My single mom had been a member of the credit union all through my childhood. Although on a very tight budget, she used to have a separate Christmas account (Holiday Club) to save money all year long for the holidays so she could spoil my sister and I on her favorite holiday!” – Alison Z.
- “Best advice is to strive to be independent, especially financially. Surround yourself with good people but at the end of the day, be able to rely on yourself!” – Margaret P.
- “Make sure to think carefully about everything you spend. A dollar each day for coffee may not seem like much, but even the little things add up!” – Kelly B.
- “Money doesn’t grow on trees!” – Kathleen G.
- “Best financial advice my momma gave me was to spend wisely but also remember you only live once!” – Melissa D.
- “Best advice from mom was to work hard, spend your money wisely, save and invest!” – Marina F.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and receive the most recent information about First Financial including monthly trivia, seminars, financial tips, event information, promotions, and so much more! Thank you again for participating and on behalf of everyone at First Financial we wish all Mothers and Grandmothers a wonderful and happy Mother’s Day!
Go “e” and save a tree – switch to e-Statements today! We are encouraging all First Financial members to discontinue receiving printed paper statements and make the switch to e-Statements. When you switch to e-Statements between March 25th and May 31st, all consumers (non-business accounts) will be automatically entered into a drawing to win an iPad Mini (on which the winner will be able to do all their Online Banking and view their e-Statements with ease).
There’s so much to love about e-Statements – including the Earth, so make the switch today!
*Entry period is March 25 – May 31, 2013. Offer available to First Financial consumer members who enroll in E-Statements through Online Banking by 5pm on 5/31/13. This offer excludes business members. Limit one iPad Mini entry per new E-Statement enrollee. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Only new E-Statement sign up’s will be eligible to win the grand prize – current E-Statement users prior to 3/25/13 are not eligible to win. A grand prize winner will be drawn at random from online enrollments and notified by the Marketing Department on or about 6/14/13.