Recently, Jack Gottlieb – President of The Total Solutions Group, Inc. presented an information packed seminar, which covered significant marketing and sales for business tips. If you missed the session but would still like to gain some useful insight in marketing or sales for your business, keep reading!
- The core of a business is the identity of it, its purpose and values.
- Two important keys for great service are follow through and follow up. If you are doing these two things, it’s not about large quantities of customers – just stay the course and you’ll see results from your follow up.
- How you deliver your product or service and the way in which it’s used becomes the customer’s experience – this is very important!
- Create a sense of community with your business – it forms a connection, sense of pride, and refer-ability for your customers.
- Marketing at its best is fulfilling a need customers didn’t know they had, or answering a question before it is even asked.
- Marketing is also about creating value for your service and that unique customer experience.
- It’s not about how much money you make in your business, it’s about how much you keep and re-invest back into it (literally and figuratively).
- People open their wallets for your service due to the impact it will have on their lives, so be conscious of this at all times.
- In order to focus on your results – be clear about what you are really providing, not what you are promoting.
- As a business, you need to market internally to your staff – the same way in which you do outwardly to your customers.
- Don’t solve a problem, validate a concern! Key sales tactic: If someone says your product is too expensive, validate their concern and ask them what kind of value they are truly looking for.
Here are some important questions you need to ask yourself as a business owner in regard to marketing and sales:
- How do you connect the value to your customers outside of your products and services?
- What are customers thinking when looking at all aspects of my business? This includes website, marketing collateral pieces, articles written about the company, etc.
- How do I gear my website in a way in which I can extend the customer’s experience and still grow sales?
Always remember – don’t just work in your business, work ON it.
For any business owners out there reading this article – what are some of the key marketing or sales tactics that have worked (or not worked) for your business? If your strategies were not initially successful – how did you change them into success stories? Comment below – we’d love to hear from you!
Click on the image below to see a highlight video from this seminar!
Jack Gottlieb is the President of The Total Solutions Group, Inc. a strategic consulting, training and coaching firm committed to driving a sustainable increase to an organization’s results, value proposition and culture. Jack brings 14 years of proven high level success along with the collective capability of his team and advisory board. Jack has also been one of the highest ranked speakers at various state wide SHRM (Society of Human Resource Managers) Annual Conferences as well as the New Jersey Organizational Development Annual Conferences for the past 7 years. Jack also serves on the Executive Board Collegiate Empowerment which is an educational firm committed to driving systemic change and impact for Colleges and Universities. Jack also is actively involved with two universities. The first is Kutztown University where he is one of the key leaders of the College of Business Advisory Board to support their efforts in further development and expansion. The second is with Rider University with their Center for the Development of Leadership Skills.